Server Option to Disable Discord Chat In-Game

_97

Discord Moderator
Admin
IGN
_97_
This suggestion calls for reintroducing a feature on old TotalFreedom where players in-game could turn off the ability to view messages bridged from the Discord server using /togglediscordchat. This can allow for in-game players to not be bombarded with lots of messages, as there are times where there can be multiple players in the Discord chat and it can get a bit spammy. This was a really good QoL thing on the old server that I'd love to see be introduced again.

The server uses DiscordSRV which removed that exact functionality you're describing as Minecraft plugin developers are so out of touch I'm surprised they don't fall through the fucking planet.

looks like DiscordSRV used to have this feature implemented as /discordsrv toggle, but it was removed in v15.3.

not quite sure why they removed it.

I think this could be done using a filter to see if a message starts with [Discord] or if it's a message being sent by DiscordSRV and just not show the message to the player if so.

I'm pretty sure shdwo made a mod called NoMoreDiscord and he's done this effectively. To implement it into the server we could just ask him.

This is ultimately up to Taah to add when Futura is done. This isn't possible with DiscordSRV though, not anymore at least

I'm pretty sure shdwo made a mod called NoMoreDiscord and he's done this effectively. To implement it into the server we could just ask him.
Shdwo's mod hooks into the client's way of processing chat messages and rejects any that start with [Discord]. This approach would not be something that could be feasably implemented on a server-wide scale.

Shdwo's mod hooks into the client's way of processing chat messages and rejects any that start with [Discord]. This approach would not be something that could be feasably implemented on a server-wide scale.
There's no API for doing that. You'd have to use ProtocolLib which is complex