keli5 - Reinstatement

Status
Not open for further replies.

keli5

IGN
keli5
1. Have you read the pre-application checklist and do you understand all of the prerequisites and requirements? It is available here: https://totalfreedom.tf/threads/admin-pre-application-checklist.126/
Yes.

2. What is your Minecraft in game name. You must have a premium account you have access to. Your forum username should match your in game username or you must have it in your profile. What is your timezone (e.g. CST or GMT -6:00)?
My ign is keli5. I also have an alt account named BLINP. My timezone is CST, or America/Chicago if you prefer.

3. When did you join TotalFreedom (e.g. November 11, 2013)?
I'm not sure exactly when I joined as the old server doesn't really exist anymore, I've been in and out for years since 2016 but I started playing more regularly around perhaps October of 2022.

3. Do you have a Discord account? While not required, a lot of communication happens on our Discord server. If so, please include your Discord username here. If your Discord account still has a discriminator, please include it as well.
My discord is keli5_letters .

4. How often are you available to perform administrative duties? State daily, a few times a week, or less than once a week. We understand that real life obligations are a priority.
In general, probably 3-5 days a week, depending on the time.

5. Please list the admins who have recommended you. You must have at least one recommendation. Each admin that has recommended you must confirm their recommendation and write a paragraph on why they believe you would be a good candidate for admin. It is the responsibility of the person who recommended you to do so.
1701885414996.png

6. Do you have a family member that shares your Minecraft account? Do they play on this server as well?
I do not.

7. How comfortable are you with using server administration plugins and commands? Please note that we do not use TotalFreedomMod. You should be familiar with Plex. You can find more information about Plex here: https://plex.us.org
I'm fairly familiar with how to use Plex.

The following questions are short answer questions. They should be one to two paragraphs each:

8. What specific skills or qualities do you possess that would make you a good fit for being an admin?
Besides being an admin for a while on the previous iteration of TF, I've also run my own server in multiple different games (Garry's Mod, Minecraft, TF2) as well as helped to administrate multiple discords alongside other admins. Coming from the last iteration of the server, I also am still familiar to an extent with how the community and a majority of server plugins operate.

9. How do you collaborate with other team members to achieve goals? Can you provide an example of a time when you worked effectively in a team environment?
On the old server, during a then-unknown issue causing a ton of lag, I worked with _97_ and a few other admins to attempt to find and rectify the source of the lag. The source turned out to be a chunk full of shulker boxes filled to the brim with NBT-heavy items causing tons of lag whenever the chunk was loaded.

10. How do you plan to engage with the community as an admin? How would you handle criticism or negative feedback from players?
Essentially engage with the community as a normal player would, but I do understand that as an admin it's important to be receptive to feedback. Feedback directed at me in specific should be taken to heart, especially if someone, high-ranking or not, is unsatisfied with how a situation was handled.

11. If a player reported another player for violating the rules, how would you investigate and handle the situation?
This is highly dependent on the rule being broken, e.g. for trolling/harassing in chat chat logs need to be read through and interpreted. For grief, CoreProtect needs to be used to determine who edited what part of the build and who actually made the build to determine if there was any grief or etc.

If you were previously an admin on TotalFreedom, please answer the following questions. If you have not previously held any rank on TotalFreedom, you may skip this section entirely.

12. What rank were you from approximately which dates? (e.g. Admin from October 2013 - June 2016)
I'm not sure of the exact dates as the old TF forums are down. I was an admin for around 3 months early-2023, if I recall correctly.

13. Why were you removed for admin? Pick one of the choices below:
a. For inactivity. Did you leave with or without posting a notice? If you did not post a notice, please explain why
I believe I did post a notice before I entirely resigned. I quit because at the time, a lot suddenly piled on top of me and went wrong at the same time in my life, and I did not feel that I could properly perform my duties as an admin with everything else going on around me, nor did I have the time anymore.

Last edited:
I haven't seen them online that much so neutral for right now

Neutral, could be a timezone thing but have you actually been on in the past couple weeks?

User hasn't been online in over a month. I'm putting this on hold until activity is increased.

Given the patchy activity and the time passed since the app, I'm unsure of your intention to return, so I'm going to move this to the denied board.

However, considering how overdue even this message is, you may post a new application whenever you wish, with no time limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.