Plans for the Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the server shuts down, I anticipate the forums will almost never be used. However, they will remain up (at least for the rest of this year) as a backup for the community in the event something happens to the Discord. While it's not common, a bot could become rogue or something and end up deleting everything. Or, a mod could too and end up purging / banning everyone. The forums will remain up as a backup in the event something happens to the Discord, especially because it's self hosted and we have access to all of the data and can actually (easily) have backups. The forum probably won't be used for anything except the occasional Discord ban appeal.

Since we use XenForo, I'll really only guarantee to keep it up as long as my license is active (December 2024). It makes no sense to renew it for how inactive the forums are, and for how expensive a license renewal is. Obviously, they won't shut down the second my license expires as all an expired license means is the forum software just won't get updates.

If/when it becomes necessary to shut down the forums due to an aging XenForo version, I will give notice at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.