Server Add long term bans to HTTPD

Status
Not open for further replies.
would make browsing bans easier
How? It would literally just respond with a massive JSON dump, which wouldn't be very human-readable.

If they already exist, then give read permissions to everyone.
If we did that then anyone would be able to see the IP addresses of all banned players which opens the door for doxing and the like. We used to have LBRs public in the past but had to make it private because people complained that their IP address was being posted to the world wide web whenever a request was filed for them. The spreadsheet acts as a compromise between transparency and privacy.

Reactions: Telesphoreo
How? It would literally just respond with a massive JSON dump, which wouldn't be very human-readable.

If we did that then anyone would be able to see the IP addresses of all banned players which opens the door for doxing and the like. We used to have LBRs public in the past but had to make it private because people complained that their IP address was being posted to the world wide web whenever a request was filed for them. The spreadsheet acts as a compromise between transparency and privacy.
Is it not possible to rip the data from the spreadsheet? I'm pretty sure google sheets has good automation for data management. Or alternatively, extract the data from the JSON dump, filter out the unwanted content and format it nicely?

I'm pretty sure he means that it's easier to access compared to having to favourite or remember the link to the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
I Object. The spreadsheet is already readily avaliable and can be quickly accessed from the forums using the "quick links" tab. It contains everything you need to see including the status of open requests.

HTTPD would just be a massive JSON dump and offers little in terms of keeping peoples' IP addresses from being publicly accessible along with the fact it wouldn't be easily readable while requiring an extensive amount of work to sanitize it. Not worth it in the long run.

I Object. The spreadsheet is already readily avaliable and can be quickly accessed from the forums using the "quick links" tab. It contains everything you need to see including the status of open requests.

HTTPD would just be a massive JSON dump and offers little in terms of keeping peoples' IP addresses from being publicly accessible along with the fact it wouldn't be easily readable while requiring an extensive amount of work to sanitize it. Not worth it in the long run.
I was completely unaware that the spreadsheet was available from the quick links tab, that makes half of my argument for this suggestion invalid, my bad. Thank you for pointing that out

Reactions: Alco_Rs11
Status
Not open for further replies.