Server Add rank colours in the tablist for players with ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alco_Rs11

Senior Admin
IGN
Alco_Rs11
Why this isn't a thing by default absolutely bewilders me. Because this doesn't exist, I'm making a suggestion so at least people with ranks show up as the proper colour in tablist. I don't really need to explain this any further because it's pretty self-explanatory what this suggestion asks for.

So it wasn't a thing because in the rank system everyone had a color because it was our own system so we could assign colors for each rank.
In the permissions system, LP specifically and technically any other plugin, there is no such thing as a "color" for the group. So we can approach this two ways which I believe the latter was already decided on:
a) Put colors in the chat by a permission (i.e. plex.tabcolor.red, plex.tabcolor.darkpurple, etc.)
b) Put prefixes in the Tab list, which will most likely be done with our LuckPerms module we created to listen for any changes to update them without reloggin

So it wasn't a thing because in the rank system everyone had a color because it was our own system so we could assign colors for each rank.
In the permissions system, LP specifically and technically any other plugin, there is no such thing as a "color" for the group. So we can approach this two ways which I believe the latter was already decided on:
a) Put colors in the chat by a permission (i.e. plex.tabcolor.red, plex.tabcolor.darkpurple, etc.)
b) Put prefixes in the Tab list, which will most likely be done with our LuckPerms module we created to listen for any changes to update them without reloggin
I was thinking we'd actually have a list of groups in a config in the LP module and assign colors that way

I was thinking we'd actually have a list of groups in a config in the LP module and assign colors that way
This can also work. I was going to use the LP Module to just put prefixes in the tab list instead but we can do it that way as well. It depends what's wanted more

Erm all of you are lame i pick a) Put colors in the chat by a permission (i.e. plex.tabcolor.red, plex.tabcolor.darkpurple, etc.)

This has since been implemented in a recent update to Plex, which has been pushed to the server.

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.