Flatlands wipe notice

This is a notice that sometime next week (April 7th to 14th, 2024), the server will be taken offline and the flatlands will be wiped. There is a new world on the server called new_flatlands. I am giving plenty of notice to copy your build over from the flatlands to the new flatlands.

Here's the timeline:

Today​

- New world called new_flatlands is created
- Notice is provided

April 2024​

- Server is taken offline, new_flatlands becomes flatlands
- CoreProtect data from old flatlands will be purged
- Essentials warps and user homes from old flatlands will be purged
- WorldGuard regions from flatlands will be purged
- Old flatlands becomes available for download

FAQ​

Does this affect other worlds?
No, this is just for the flatlands. No other world will be purged at this time

Will Essentials userdata be available to download?
Depends on the community consensus. If people want Essentials userdata to be public, I can make it public but strip IP addresses from the files. Otherwise, I can provide you your specific Essentials file if you request it

Will CoreProtect data be available to download?
No.

Do I need to save schematics of my new builds?
The intent by providing two flatlands worlds at once is to ensure a grace period where you don't have to. You can copy your builds from the old world to the new one

What about chunk trimming?
Unfortunately, I've tried this with varying degrees of success. I can't reliably trim unused chunks, as even with strict filters, there are many builds that would have been wiped regardless.

Why?
Due to disk space

Can't you just get more disk space?
Of course, we already have an external HDD drive mounted. However, upgrading our internal M.2 drive is much more expensive. However, that's still only a temporary solution. I'm not okay with the worlds getting up to hundreds of gigabytes.

How big is the flatlands?
Big enough that it's time for wipe given server constraints, but not big enough that it's unmanageably large.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Reactions: img
I believe archiving EssentialsX's warps and, by the player's request, homes will make the archived maps more useful as you know where to navigate.

I believe archiving EssentialsX's warps and, by the player's request, homes will make the archived maps more useful as you know where to navigate.
I'll let the community vote on whether that should be public or by request. I personally am in favor of making it public, but of course I'm sure there are some people who might not want their warps published for privacy reasons.

I'm sure there are some people who might not want their warps published for privacy reasons.
I understand the feeling, however they should know the list of warps is already public with /warps and /warp's autocomplete and anyone can visit them right now.

Reactions: Telesphoreo
this means i don't have to moderate totalfreedom on my birthday....i'm free!!!!!!! yippee

One thing I would like to ask - is this going to be a regular occurrence?

I'm banned, there is one build I'd like to save (at an older spawn, in island)

I'm banned, there is one build I'd like to save (at an older spawn, in island)
If you have the coordinates, someone can save it. Or you can find it when the world becomes downloadable. It's up to alco to unban you to let you save it

Reactions: Darknut1607
Oh the world will be downloadable! I may get it from there
thank you