Not open for further replies.

Telesphoreo

System Administrator
Forum Administrator
Executive
Developer
IGN
Telesphoreo
The forums have been redesigned to be more modern and look less boring. There may be some bugs to iron out still, let me know if there are any issues. This update also brings numerous improvements to the alert and attachment system. There are also various navigation enhancements, especially with the breadcrumbs. Due to technical complexity in supporting the old themes (Old, Night Sky, etc.) compared to the new themes, they have all been removed. A new version of AmoLyicx has been created using the UI.X base, however it is still work in progress.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: QRTRx4 and zrfv
This looks really nice! It's a little generic, and I'm sure some more server-centric memorabilia would rein in the design a little more, but I'm all for it nonetheless. I especially appreciate a dark theme being included if you go scouring for it, it's very soothing on the eyes.

This looks really nice! It's a little generic, and I'm sure some more server-centric memorabilia would rein in the design a little more, but I'm all for it nonetheless. I especially appreciate a dark theme being included if you go scouring for it, it's very soothing on the eyes.
TotalFreedom doesn't really have any specific branding colors unfortunately. I guess we kind of have yellow but that kind of looks awful for a forum theme. Long term I'd love to establish a consistent logo with a consistent color scheme for all the platforms

I don't like it. It feels too bulky and everything just seems bigger for no reason. Modern web design as a whole is a joke (has been for a very long time) and UI.X seems to try to look "modern" first and foremost instead of trying to make something that prioritizes functionality over form, like the themes that come with Xenforo by default.

Bleugh.

Last edited:
This doesn't look like an eyesore to me.
However, the font size is too small compared to the graphics. I don't have sight problems and 110% zoom makes text easier to read.
I'd say text and decorations need to be balanced a bit.

This doesn't look like an eyesore to me.
However, the font size is too small compared to the graphics. I don't have sight problems and 110% zoom makes text easier to read.
I'd say text and decorations need to be balanced a bit.
In your preferences, you can increase the font size actually. You're right it's too small and I'm currently investigating how to fix it since it's not exactly just a simple dial I crank up.

Reactions: Tizz
ew it uses react js :sick:
also the primary reason i liked this forum was that theme with a blue top banner(?) and a picture of minecraft alpha flatlands

Reactions: Alco_Rs11
I don't like it. It feels too bulky and everything just seems bigger for no reason. Modern web design as a whole is a joke (has been for a very long time) and UI.X seems to try to look "modern" first and foremost instead of trying to make something that prioritizes functionality over form, like the themes that come with Xenforo by default.

Bleugh.

We're done discussing this. The redesign is final and I don't care if you don't like it. Ryan's forum only had one theme and no one complained. You have six to choose from. I don't care if you don't like UI.X. Get used to it.

Reactions: shdwo
Status
Not open for further replies.