JamieTheVaporeon - Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Your Minecraft name.
Akefu_

2. The date and time you were banned (give approximate time if unsure).
today, about 16:20 british time

3. What type of activity you were doing at the time of the ban (e.g. chatting, building, using world edit, etc.) or state "offline" if banned while offline. For the purpose of the appeal, only use the term "banned offline" if you haven't been on the server in the past 24 hours AND do not have a ban reason specified. For example, if you leave the server for 10 minutes and find you're banned when you try to return, that's NOT an offline ban for the purpose of the ban appeal - just state what you were doing just before you left the server and that found yourself banned on return.
i was trying to get to the coordinates of an old build of mine that was 20k blocks past the world border, where sithvsjedi told me he also was. tping to the coords or to him didn't work so i was flying

4. Why do you think you were banned (select the best choice below)?
a. I don't know because I did not violate any rule as noted in the server conduct policy.
b. I don't know because I was banned while offline for more than 24 hours or if it was my first login to the server
c. I did violate one of the conduct policy and was fairly banned (state which one)
d. I did violate one of the conduct policy but shouldn't have been banned (state which one)
e. I don't know or other (include explanation)
D; i was loading many chunks while flying which is against the rules due to columbus griefing. i believe i shouldn't be banned because i didn't know i was actually loading a lot of chunks (my minimap mod was showing zero chunks being actually loaded whenever i was moving so i believed i wasn't loading anything, also sith was already there so i had assumed he had done the same thing)

5. Which admin banned you, and what were you told (if anything) before the ban was issued?
quack95
i was according to him told not to fly large distances and load chunks earlier but i don't remember seeing the message, so i must've just missed the message somehow

6. Have you reviewed and agree to abide by the community guidelines (yes or no)? Please review the policy at https://totalfreedom.tf/community-guidelines/
yes

I object, iirc I also told you not to columbus grief. If this happened after that then you would've been well aware (especially since you responded to my message).

From what I've heard, you were planning to columbus grief in protest due to the border size shrinking, which is what got the border size implemented in the first place?

I object. "Missing the message" is none of our responsibility and you should've known that this is not fine. Even without warnings, you're loading many chunks and practically doing the reason of the entire worldborder fiasco.

Reactions: shdwo
nope, object. you were told to stop. you were planning on protesting which makes my life harder and is unfair. it's a day ban, and in my opinion you should wait it out

i was trying to get to the coordinates of an old build of mine that was 20k blocks past the world border, where sithvsjedi told me he also was. tping to the coords or to him didn't work so i was flying

83b7b45d904550ab4039f7f3ddae3bd3.png

https://gyazo.com/83b7b45d904550ab4039f7f3ddae3bd3

you were in overworld when your spawn was not in overworld

5aedc76576718f90840b3c3d0504c4e8.png

2dc38c73f4e259c69d9a50e7f98e0470.png

https://gyazo.com/2dc38c73f4e259c69d9a50e7f98e0470

apparently you were doing this in protest, however i cannot see any logs or anything to support that. however i want to hear what you gotta say about this contradiction. it doesnt make sense you were searching for an old spawn in overworld when it is in old flatlands?

i will say it does seem to me as if this was a protest. you were in overworld. hang on, fres mentioned that overworld had no border?

Last edited:
83b7b45d904550ab4039f7f3ddae3bd3.png

https://gyazo.com/83b7b45d904550ab4039f7f3ddae3bd3

you were in overworld when your spawn was not in overworld

apparently you were doing this in protest, however i cannot see any logs or anything to support that. however i want to hear what you gotta say about this contradiction. it doesnt make sense you were searching for an old spawn in overworld when it is in old flatlands?
that's my alt account
i was searching for the spawn on my main account (Akefu_), in flatlands
on the alt i was mapping out some area earlier and did stop when i was notified it was a bit too much

Reactions: Luke
This is a really tough situation. Unfortunately, not many players really know about colombus griefing, which is the act of loading several chunks at high speeds to disrupt server performance and disc space. For anyone curious about Quack. There was confusion on whether or not he was able to do the event, so he was excused and it was no one's fault. Unfortunately for Vaporeon. She was given reminders after the fact this happened and failed to heed them. There were also chatlogs showing this incident wasn't in good faith. Therefore. I'm objecting. I recommend though waiting out the rest of the ban and trying to improve.

that's my alt account
i was searching for the spawn on my main account (Akefu_), in flatlands
on the alt i was mapping out some area earlier and did stop when i was notified it was a bit too much
to quote the image i posted - "they are very much flying fast in overworld with like speed 5"

Did anybody who was handling the case use the ReplayMod by chance? If so, instead of this being a matter of "he said she said", we could use the recording as evidence for or against Aero's ban.

Reactions: Luke
Either nobody who was involved with the case had the ReplayMod installed or hasn't stepped forward to provide a recording of the incident. This is a problem because I, someone who literally woke up to the aftermath of the incident, couldn't and (still can't) get an unbiased, factual look at this incident to determine the truth. This entire case is a jumbled mess of "he said she said" with a sprinkle of hearsay.

I cannot confidently vote in something like this when the truth is so deeply mixed together with misinformation. When a system like ban appeals relies on people making an informed decision, how can we expect people to do that when you have very limited evidence and mostly hearsay?

may i request to close this / take it back or smt
i dont rly care about getting unbanned Right this SECOND!!!11!!1! anymore and im just gonna wait for the unban tomorrow
so i feel itd be unnecessary to keep it running

Status
Not open for further replies.