Discord make lyicx a discord/forum manager

• Thread starter Thread starter luke
  • Start date Start date
L

luke

lyicx was forum manager on the old tf and worked under me as a discord admin. he’s most active on discord and deserves some kind of role. he can also keep on top of things should he need to. he’s also by far the most active member of staff i’ve seen

so make him a platform manager. theres a fair few things left unpolished which needs doing on the discord side alongside general moderation of the forum although the forum is dead

I have mixed feelings about having separate staff for each platform in what I think is supposed to be a simpler community but he deserves a management role nonetheless.

I have mixed feelings about having separate staff for each platform in what I think is supposed to be a simpler community but he deserves a management role nonetheless.
yeah in ryans case i thought it worked well. each place was pretty big and needed individual management. The same can’t be said here

forum manager - object because the forum doesnt need moderation or management at the moment
discord manager - he already has every permission but administrator so he should be able to do mostly everything except view channels he doesnt have access to

forum manager - object because the forum doesnt need moderation or management at the moment
discord manager - he already has every permission but administrator so he should be able to do mostly everything except view channels he doesnt have access to
lol yous have really fucked him over i’ll be honest 😂😂 he wasnt even offered a management or higher position after everything he did on tf and video campaigned for him to be exec but everyone ignored video. no literally ignored him. now youre considering someone else entirely for the role thats not been present for years for whatever reason.

just my two cents.

gonna basically summarize what i sent to luke

lyicx quite literally does not need that much power, there's no active playerbase, no moderation needed on platforms besides minecraft
the executives that are currently being considered are lyicx, steven, and tizz, with me personally leaning towards steven for the reasons that he was the owner of the original server, worked his ass off, yes he did disappear, but he has returned and i'm not giving him executive back out of nowhere, it's an offer i gave to him as he is helping us get the original domain back and has been communicating with ryan, and besides that he's the most mature person i've met on this community who hasn't shown an inch of bias or lack of trust ever, not saying anyone else has but i'm pretty sure everyone can certainly vouch for steven

but regardless my vote is primarily because we don't need an executive right now,
the first thing we did was offer lyicx the first moderator position on the discord so no he was not unrecognized or whatever, he quite literally has full permissions in the discord just not administrator as i don't want discord staff to view staff-only channels. there is quite no need to give him any more than that, i mean no offense to lyicx, i like him as a person, i think he's trustworthy considering our past history with discord servers getting hacked and us willingly giving power to him with no hesitation, i just don't think he is needed as an executive, especially a platform manager.

maybe the same argument can be made for steven? i think it can, and honestly it's not up to me who becomes executive alone but it's a combined decision between the current 5 members. do i have friendship bias for steven? no. we're not that close, he's been really helpful on many occasions and has never given a single doubt ever since he became admin. i don't blame him that things came up during his ownership, because it happens, and i can't say anything because me and the others have been quite inactive for the past few weeks. i don't have any bias towards steven but only evidence directly seen by me in the past development of the server and communications that he has shown to have the qualities for an executive. i haven't known lyicx or tizz for that long, don't know what they can exactly bring to the board, and i mean that in no offense i just genuinely haven't had enough interactions with them on the reboot to see anything.