Minecraft Movie Trailer Released

Telesphoreo

System Administrator
Forum Administrator
Executive
Developer
IGN
Telesphoreo

...and it looks awful. What are your thoughts?

Seems like they're running out of ideas for films to make so they're now just making movies based off of video games.

Seems like they're running out of ideas for films to make so they're now just making movies based off of video games.
Nah, the Mario movie was executed well. This is genuinely just so out of touch

The animation looks good, the real life characters don't mix well with the background, I have no idea about the actual story but I wouldn't be surprised if they try something similar to the recent Jumanji movies (I believe that'd be their best bet).

Overall this promises to be a very fun but mediocre movie.

The animation looks good, the real life characters don't mix well with the background, I have no idea about the actual story but I wouldn't be surprised if they try something similar to the recent Jumanji movies (I believe that'd be their best bet).

Overall this promises to be a very fun but mediocre movie.
The humor from it seems like it's going to be mid or just downright nonexistent. I don't even really see a story or any substance

i'm extremely hyped for this movie. dead serious.

there are certain times where a new film gets released that is so horrific and objectively dogshit that you can't help but enjoy it. Tommy Wiseau's The Room. Plan 9 from Outer Space. Manos Hands of Fate.

Now, don't get me wrong, horrible films are made all the time. But there's a difference between someone half arsing a movie (i.e. Ghostbusters 2016, Rise of Skywalker, Morbius) and someone putting their soul into a movie just for it to turn out to be complete dogshit anyway (again example being The Room)

the films that fall into the former? incredibly boring. Morbius included, yeah funny memes but it was a dull and uninteresting film.

The films that fall into the latter? Absolute works of art. you know, a homeless dude splattering his faeces onto the London Underground type of art. and these films don't tend to happen too often.

i'm very excited. i'm going to see the absolute fuck out of it in the cinema, and if it turns out to be boring i'm going to singlehandedly fund TF again so they can make a movie.

if it turns out to be boring i'm going to singlehandedly fund TF again so they can make a movie
I'm going to use this against you.

I believe TF has all it's needed for a series: subplots, the heroes, the villains, a chaotic ending with the final twist.

The fact that one guy could do better than an entire studio lmao

The fact that one guy could do better than an entire studio lmao
The studio should have gone the way of the LEGO Movie where everything is in the same style as the thing it's based off of instead of trying to make it ultra hyper-realistic. I'd be more interested in the movie if it was animated like this.