Server Rebrand from TotalFreedom to something else

The name TotalFreedom itself was created when the server resembled more of Kaboom than the current state of the server. Over time, the server became more orderly and less chaotic. Despite this, the name itself never changed even though the focus and scope of the server has changed considerably over the years.

Despite the fact we were more popular back then when we were a chaotic hellhole, I do not believe we should go back to our roots and become anarchy or come close to that. Not only would we never be able to compete with a server like Kaboom (where years have been spent attempting to refine the concept of FreeOP anarchy), the community would be massively incompatible with such a concept and forcing it to adapt to an attempt to reverse years of changes would most likely kill the community. It would be a nightmare.

If we were to rebrand, I would suggest we rebrand to something that does not imply anarchy, but still represents what the server should strive for: equality. Although we should be flexible to at least some degree of change, we should absolutely not lose sight of what makes TotalFreedom so unique from other generic SMP/creative/whatever servers that bog its players down with P2W mechanics and paid ranks that give more features.

go with ryans plan. move away from TotalFreedom and just go by TF. it was a good idea

I'm not good at picking names, consider the following just some inputs.

Rebranding should imply getting over TF's mistakes, unstuck and open our mind to a direction we either still can't see or are too afraid to turn to and... new players would stop being deceived by the play of words. Let's not just change the name and call it a day instead of fixing the issues that are leading TFR to the same fate of TF.

For my personal taste, I second Video's last paragraph.

If I had to give a name, I'd avoid using "total" in it. Maybe we could give a subtle reference to similar communities (e.g. "CreativeFreedom", shamelessy copied from CreativeFun which, after reading the description, looks like TF with paywalls and just the plotworld. Even their website looks good with MC and Discord integrations and the important stuff just a click away), or go with something very different (Video's thought about the word "Liberation", however the average player can't be bothered to look at a dictionary to see its actual meaning).

i agree with the idea of a rebrand but is not going to help bring players or retain them

I object, I don't think it's necessary or will "save" the server and steer it in the right direction

Reactions: Taah
If I had to think of an alternative name, it would be "Total Freebuild" since this is a freebuild creative server.

If this server is ever revived or just rebooted again in some way be sure to include a plotworld this time. The previous iterations plot world was a big reason why I kept coming back

If this server is ever revived or just rebooted again in some way be sure to include a plotworld this time. The previous iterations plot world was a big reason why I kept coming back
If there's demand for a plotworld a suggestion can easily be made to add one in this current iteration as well. Plotworld is a great way to permit people to commit to building large projects without worrying about map resets + benefit of grief protection.

If there's demand for a plotworld a suggestion can easily be made to add one in this current iteration as well. Plotworld is a great way to permit people to commit to building large projects without worrying about map resets + benefit of grief protection.
Why was it omitted in the first place?

Why was it omitted in the first place?
We were supposed to have per player worlds with SWM. It never got finished and then after 1.20.4 released, ASPaper had a bunch of buggy builds, and subsequently ScissorsASWM. It was technical hell to maintain Scissors and ScissorsASWM. So we just switched back to regular Scissors and player worlds were never finished. At the point ScissorsASWM is effectively discontinued unless someone else is going to fix it. And per player worlds just never got finished after the TFR hype died down after August

One of the most important parts of this server, or rather this community, is its long long history. I think that rebranding, rejecting the identity of TotalFreedom would also be to reject the history of the server. Sure it's a bit of a stupid name, but it's a stupid name that's been around for a while, and I certainly don't think that changing it just because people take it literally from time to time is a worthwhile reason to consider a TotalRebrand™.