Banned by quack95 for not specifying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexC1883

i got banned for 1 day due to doing //sphere piston,repeater,redstone_block 50 by quack95

thing is he told me and two others to "go nuts" so i did

in my defense i didn't think that would lag the server down to 6 tps or so, thought max 54 or so

Attachments

• imagine_2024-01-28_143658420.png
    imagine_2024-01-28_143658420.png
    262.3 KB · Views: 9
I'm sorry, what is your excuse again?

1. The griefing event was at a /tpr, before admins criticize me. This won't affect coreprotect logs.
2. When I said go nuts, I meant //sphere lava 5 or at max 10. Not spam concrete powder, have 3700 entities, and do //sphere redstone_block,moving_piston,redstone_repeater then activate it all. The TPS went down to 6.83, so I promptly banned Alex.
3. "I didn't think", maybe think next time. In what sensical world would you think that doing //sphere redstone_block,piston,redstone_repeater 50 would be a safe and non-laggy worldedit?
4. "not specifying" ?????????????????????????? did i HAVE to specify "ok guys grief but make sure not to lag the server so badly it makes us think the server died :3"???? I never remembered that not being common sense.

I never said to lag the server, I infact had never mentioned to do such large worldedits and had warned several times before this situation.
You didn't follow the ban appeal format too nicely, by the way.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, what is your excuse again?

1. The griefing event was at a /tpr, before admins criticize me. This won't affect coreprotect logs.
2. When I said go nuts, I meant //sphere lava 5 or at max 10. Not spam concrete powder, have 3700 entities, and do //sphere redstone_block,moving_piston,redstone_repeater then activate it all. The TPS went down to 6.83, so I promptly banned Alex.
3. "I didn't think", maybe think next time. In what sensical world would you think that doing //sphere redstone_block,piston,redstone_repeater 50 would be a safe and non-laggy worldedit?

I never said to lag the server, I infact had never mentioned to do such large worldedits and had warned several times before this situation.
You didn't follow the ban appeal format too nicely, by the way.
"maybe think next time" you should too, quack. Perhaps specifying the limits would've been a good idea
and you think i play minecraft so much to know how much lag pistons can make? the only blocks i know lag a lot are:
- ender chests
- redstone repeating closing and opening doors
- end portal spam (the portal itself which teleports you, not the ender eye blocks
- nether portal spam (same thing with the end portal)
- command block spam
(etc which i don't feel like naming)

although now that you mention spamming concrete powder, didn't you do that?

And about the " what sensical world would you think that doing //sphere redstone_block,piston,redstone_repeater 50 would be a safe and non-laggy worldedit? " let's be real, all world edit griefing causes some lag, there's no world edit griefing that causes no lag whatsoever, even as little as a 20 radius sphere of water could make the server drop some frames.

Reactions: quack95
"maybe think next time" you should too, quack. Perhaps specifying the limits would've been a good idea
and you think i play minecraft so much to know how much lag pistons can make? the only blocks i know lag a lot are:
- ender chests
- redstone repeating closing and opening doors
- end portal spam (the portal itself which teleports you, not the ender eye blocks
- nether portal spam (same thing with the end portal)
- command block spam
(etc which i don't feel like naming)

although now that you mention spamming concrete powder, didn't you do that?

And about the " what sensical world would you think that doing //sphere redstone_block,piston,redstone_repeater 50 would be a safe and non-laggy worldedit? " let's be real, all world edit griefing causes some lag, there's no world edit griefing that causes no lag whatsoever, even as little as a 20 radius sphere of water could make the server drop some frames.
didnt I do that??? what? i didn't??
that was hydriel aka the other guy's doing.
specifying the limits? did i have to explicitly state not to lag the server? was that not common sense?
i dont think it was quite in my power to control your mind at that moment and teach you telepathically what lags a server and what doesn't.

the server dropped 14 tps, all because of your redstone sphere. your ban is justified.

didnt I do that??? what? i didn't??
that was hydriel aka the other guy's doing.
specifying the limits? did i have to explicitly state not to lag the server? was that not common sense?
i dont think it was quite in my power to control your mind at that moment and teach you telepathically what lags a server and what doesn't.

the server dropped 14 tps, all because of your redstone sphere. your ban is justified.
quack, you did somewhat specify to not lag the server, although i was too busy trying to make the command work therefore not seeing "do not lag the server" message.

Status
Not open for further replies.