Status
Not open for further replies.

quack95

Admin
IGN
quack95
Pronouns
he/him

2. What did they do? He has constantly and repeatedly trolled everyone online by using a splash potion and /spawnmob Enderman 10 to make an annoying noise and have endermen teleporting everywhere around the area they were spawned. He also set a warp called "grief" at a player's build, which was unwanted by the player. The same player has also constantly complained of Telephone disguising as different animals and entering builds of the player, which was also unwanted. Telephone has constantly stirred shit up in chat and is literally the definition of a troll. He also crashed gamingto12's server, and then continued acting like he had nothing to do with it in the server chat, once again, being a troll.

3. What indefinitely bannable offense does this fall under according to the community guidelines?
The rules are extremely vague but he's basically:
- A troll
- A shit stirrer
And, rule 1 of the community guidelines (treatment towards members)

4. Add logs and/or screenshots of the occurrence here, and tag any witnessing staff. Evidence of previous offenses that are not the direct cause of this request can also be added here.

Witnesses:
@Alco_Rs11
@QRTRx4
@Tizz

1706048172668.png
1706048205049.png(this was after i deleted /warp grief, because people were going to warp there and grief the player's build)
There are just a small tiny amount of the recent occurrences that lead to this request. There is also one instance of Telephone bypassing his discord timeout after (I'm making this next part up) probably chatting in minecraft to bypass the timeout. I would like twoeighths' insight on this, as I was not present during the ban. He has also disturbed ASmallerMolecule constantly which lead to, you guessed it, a smite.

5. Are they known under any other names or IPs, and if so, are they currently (indefinitely) banned under those names and IPs? This information is used to keep track of ban bypassers.
No, not as of right now.

6. Duration of the ban (Set a duration that reflects the severity of the offence.) 3 months should do.

Last edited by a moderator:
vouch, he kept tagging quarter after being told not to

One last edit: I banned him on og tf for bothering kad, 5 months should give him time

Last edited:
Vouch, I can provide screenshots of the console logs if needed. But other than that, this is just absolutely insane and it has to come to end at some point.
Console logs have been provided of what happened when he joined my server. I didn't put the full crash log cause that would take at least 3 more screenshots.
3 months will do.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-01-23 17-38-06.png
    Screenshot from 2024-01-23 17-38-06.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I Vouch. While his conduct outside of TF is outside our jurisdiction, his in-game conduct here isn't. He should be banned for a minimum of 3 months.

This user I have timed out on the discord multiple times for trolling in addition, he has been punished in-game several times as well.
Here's his punishment log entry.

Last edited:
I disagree with the concept that we should use a person's conduct on another server against them when dealing with them on this server. We are not the Internet Police, and if we started doing shit like that then we would have to sanction players for their conduct on anarchy servers like Kaboom or 2b2t, and that would be problematic very quickly.

With all that being said, his trollish conduct here is still well within reason to sanction him like this. Vouch for 3 months.

Last edited:
> I disagree with the concept that we should use a person's conduct on another server against them when dealing with them on this server.

I completely agree with this, but it mainly just comes down to the fact that they made an excuse that was honestly insanely hard to believe. Doing something harmful (such as crashing or griefing a completely innocent server) and trying to play it off like it was an accident or "I was trying to do (this)" in my opinion is just unacceptable.

EDIT (this just came to mind): As far as this LBR is concerned, TF:R and (haha funny server name) are the only ones that we know they are members of. I know that rank doesn't really matter in this situation specifically, but when an admin owns the server that was crashed and played off like it was nothing, outside activity should definitely matter ONLY if we know FOR SURE that they are a prominent member of that community.

Last edited:
I'll admit that in recent times, me and Telephone have been back on acquainted terms, and he's stopped tagging me with the bit that caused me to block him in the first place (for now, at least). However, the conduct listed above not involving me is nonetheless unacceptable. Vouch for three months.

Small addendum: I was also considering writing an LBR for Telephone when his harassment toward me was at a head, but I'll be frank, I neglected to finish it. Yours is a lot better.

I'll admit that in recent times, me and Telephone have been back on acquainted terms, and he's stopped tagging me with the bit that caused me to block him in the first place (for now, at least). However, the conduct listed above not involving me is nonetheless unacceptable. Vouch for three months.

Small addendum: I was also considering writing an LBR for Telephone when his harassment toward me was at a head, but I'll be frank, I neglected to finish it. Yours is a lot better.
I've timed him out before for unwanted tagging after warning him not to do so. He would then proceed to try and dm me to annoy me which only made matters worse.

Banned for 3 months. Their ban will expire on Tuesday, April 30, 2024, at 2:00 PM, EST.

I'm reopening this to vote for a reinstatement of his LBR for 2 years. He was just recently unbanned and was already abusing exploits on the server, when he knows the rules damn well. He was also rude in game to another administrator.
blK3ghUYak.png

Normally I would object to two years. It seems excessive.. but I have to vouch for it in this case. It's not just the things outlined above, and I'm not really going to provide evidence, but those active on the server in the last few years can definitely agree with what I'm saying here.

I've been on tf for around 3 years and in my entire time here, unfortunately Tele hasn't changed. He's always been the type to rile people up on purpose, just for the sake of riling people up. He's come and gone, the servers chopped and changed, but he's always generally consistently been the same.

Thus I vouch for the request.

If anyone objects to two years, I'm all for making it indefinite with a required appeal after a duration of six months to a year

Tele hasn't changed since 2017, and it's evident that his behaviour lacks good intentions. It's a shame because he's usually a well rounded bloke when you get to talk him, but his actions have threatened his standing on the server.

I vouch

I Vouch. Not even a month (12 days to be exact) and he's doing stupid shit to get himself re-banned.

Vouch for 2 years.

I only know Telephone for causing trouble, that's it, and I guess being banned for causing trouble. He's already been permanently banned 3-4 times. He just doesn't learn. During our interactions today. I had to keep sanctioning him, and every time he went right back to what he was doing because he did what he wanted and to hell with admins. If somehow two years down the line he hasn't changed. Then I think anything else should be indefinite.

Vouch for 2 years.

I only know Telephone for causing trouble, that's it, and I guess being banned for causing trouble. He's already been permanently banned 3-4 times. He just doesn't learn. During our interactions today. I had to keep sanctioning him, and every time he went right back to what he was doing because he did what he wanted and to hell with admins. If somehow two years down the line he hasn't changed. Then I think anything else should be indefinite.
"Im like Master Chief from halo On totalfreedom: No one tells me to do anything, I just do what I want, So I only listen to admins cuz I want to" - Mystery_Void

• Haha
Reactions: _97
Vouch
I've been on TF for a hot minute now and I've noticed that Tele's behavior tends to remain constant and does a damn good job of getting into people's heads with "Okay I'll change" or "I won't do it anymore".

It's something that he doesn't do just here, but everywhere else I've seen him (won't disclose servers). It's getting out of hand.

So I vouch for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.