Server Make it mandatory for admins to notify players when LBRs are filed for them

videogamesm12

Developer
Senior Admin
IGN
videogamesm12
As it currently stands, it is considered optional for admins to disclose the existence of active LBRs to directly affected players. While once could check the Google Sheets which lists both active and closed LBRs, this is not intuitive.

In the interest of improved transparency, this should be changed so that when a LBR has been filed for a player, admins are required to inform them about its existence and the reason provided. Such an improvement would also give disruptive players an opportunity to improve their behavior during the window in which the request is active.

I vouch, but I think we need a consistent system to let people know

I suggest we use both the Essentials mail system and ban reasons as places to include the notice, depending on why the ban request was filed. If the request was for repeat offenses then the mail system should be used. If the request was for a severe offense like crashing the server or whatever, the ban reason should be used.

Strong vouch.

I would also go as far to say for the system to give the player a chance at this point too. If their conduct improves after the notice, especially in the case of repeated punishment, but even with more serious stuff, they should be treated more leniently with a denied request. There's little point in informing them if they're still going to be doomed by every admin blindly vouching anyway, regardless of what they do after the fact.

I second that.
The mail system is something but its discrete notifications are easy to miss. Long term plan could be an official warning system to implement in a Plex module that works with offline players too. It could send a notification when they join, just like when the admin notes system notify online admins that a player with notes has joined. (Or at least TFM does that.)

I would also go as far to say for the system to give the player a chance at this point too. If their conduct improves after the notice
Before TF died we implemented a 3-strike system for offences like harassment with a long ban as the last step. We could look into something similar.

I vouch for this idea, but developing a system that'll work requires some time.

I like it, we just need to be sure that the hidden content is actually not sent by the server instead of being masked like a glorified spoiler.
I seriously doubt that it's sending hidden content behind a spoiler, but @Telesphoreo can test if he really wants to be sure.

I seriously doubt that it's sending hidden content behind a spoiler, but @Telesphoreo can test if he really wants to be sure.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES ON THE WIKI RIGHT FUCKING NOW. DID YOU FORGET THE DEMANDS???? IF YOU DON'T MAKE ME A FUCKING WIKI ADMINISTRATOR I WILL USE 100 MILLION GIGABYTES OF RAM TO DDOS YOUR WIKI AND YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT EVER AGAIN. THE RAIDS WILL NEVER EVER EVER FUCKING STOP. MAKE ME AN ADMIN SO WE CAN FINALLY HAVE TEN GAZILLION MOTHERFUCKING PAGES FOR ESOTALK