Server What is the big idea?

ihatewarcraft

Where the heck is the server? is it up, and will it stay up? Did someone crash it, or give up on it, or is it under maintenance?

What happened to XXwileexx, AcidicCyanide, that STA guy, DarthSalmon, markbryon, yoshikart, and all of the others? I missed them.

yeah I'm THAT old here. This was back when Godzilla slimes could get people banned, or going invisible, then it was allowed again because I could /radar my griefers. Something mark himself taught me that has saved me from many many griefers.

oh my god, what’s your ign? I was fairygirl12
- first the server died
- second shadowarmadyl (fssp) was banned due to bullying staff on tf
Estate22 was my original IGN.

Weren't you the nymph or something? Or was that someone else?

Are they gonna reboot sooner or later? I really wanna kick back on this server. it was one o my faves.

Estate22 was my original IGN.

Weren't you the nymph or something? Or was that someone else?

Are they gonna reboot sooner or later? I really wanna kick back on this server. it was one o my faves.
It will not reboot, you can join the discord (you can read the forum posts on what happened)

Those names and the descriptions of what TF as like back then brought back a bunch of memories from both before I became an admin and after when I first became one back in 2014. Such simpler times. A lot of the old guard that made up a good majority of TF from that time period have since moved on with their lives, with some only occasionally popping in to say hello.

Unfortunately, many have agreed that TotalFreedom as a Minecraft server will not be rebooted in any official capacity (hell, this was supposed to be the reboot after the original shut down in August of last year). These days the primary focus has been preserving pretty much everything about TF and how it evolved through archives of various things like client-side logs, forum posts, schematics, screenshots, videos, etc.

Welcome back, when did you leave? It looks like you did before 2017 when markbyron stepped down and appointed a new owner. A lot's happened until now.
I joined in 2021 when wild1145 aka Ryan was the new owner and quickly climbed the ladder to the executive role where last ditch attempts were made to stop the inevitable.

You're too late unfortunately. The original server's been killed in Aug 2023. This forum's for one of the few failed reboot attempts. The official one, now read-only, is temporarily down due to issues, I'll link you Ryan's shutdown post when it's back online.

Where the heck is the server? is it up, and will it stay up? Did someone crash it, or give up on it, or is it under maintenance?

What happened to XXwileexx, AcidicCyanide, that STA guy, DarthSalmon, markbryon, yoshikart, and all of the others? I missed them.

yeah I'm THAT old here. This was back when Godzilla slimes could get people banned, or going invisible, then it was allowed again because I could /radar my griefers. Something mark himself taught me that has saved me from many many griefers.
oh you missed a LOT