Why isnt there a ‘server banned’ role on discord

• Thread starter Thread starter luke
  • Start date Start date
L

luke

If we ban a user for spamming slurs they can still talk in the server through discord which seems sort of counterintuitive

This very likely is not intentional but rather an artifact of us still setting things up.

We don't have a system to automatically assign a role to players when they are banned and since we currently don't have any bots right now aside from the server bot, we have no means to have admins assign the role to players who are supposed to be banned.

Reactions: Taah
We don't have a system to automatically assign a role to players when they are banned and since we currently don't have any bots right now aside from the server bot, we have no means to have admins assign the role to players who are supposed to be banned.
give me permissions and a few hours and i’ll have everything set up for you guys

Reactions: Alco_Rs11
going to copy my chat message here:
i saw this earlier when it was created but i don't know how to go about implementing it because it'd either have to involve a) knowing which member is which minecraft player or b) requiring a linked account in game to type in chat so we can connect bans
i can give you discord moderator for a bit if you truly wanna do things manually but i was going to go for an automation approach