Manifesto #2 - Community

videogamesm12

Developer
Senior Admin
IGN
videogamesm12
TotalFreedom's community is its lifeblood. It is the primary factor that kept it running for so long, helped it survive near-death experiences multiple times, and ultimately held the people running the server accountable when it was most needed.

With all that being said, the community needs to understand its place, responsibility, and role in the server and its operations. While it has the ability to use pressure to make people in the administration take action, it should never do this unless it is absolutely necessary. Doing it over petty things weakens its influence and erodes its relationship with the people running the server. Furthermore, if they make a decision that the community disagrees with, it needs to remain respectful, supportive, and in line. Mocking a decision or being outright disrespectful over a disagreement is a disastrous move that does nothing but harm their relationships.

However, the community has the right and responsibility to hold staff members accountable in the event of corruption regardless of the level its at. This precedent was set in 2017 when a conspiracy that poisoned trust in the admin team was exposed by members of the community, leading to the suspensions of admins involved in the conspiracy. It was upheld in 2020 when executive-level corruption (vote rigging, cover-ups, etc) was exposed by its victims, leading to an executive cleansing and Internal Affairs' establishment. As such, the community should be watchful for corruption no matter the level it is at, and should expose it when discovered.

TotalFreedom is at its strongest point when the relationship between the people playing it and the people running it is strong and tightly-knit. After all, on TotalFreedom, you can't have one without the other. We're all in this together.

the community needs to understand its place
Ok bro. Hold admins accountable for overstepping, particularly your close friends. Literally write up and enforce a policy for this. Personally my enjoyment of the server goes down a ton whenever Alco or 97 are online. They are the worst offenders by far.

Reactions: shdwo
Ok bro. Hold admins accountable for overstepping, particularly your close friends. Literally write up and enforce a policy for this. Personally my enjoyment of the server goes down a ton whenever Alco or 97 are online. They are the worst offenders by far.
for me its quack95 and _97_. All quack does anymore is ban me for stupid reasonsand i am CONVINCED he is doing this so he has a reason to rollback my builds,halting my progress on weevilaria

• HOLY FUCKING SHIT
Reactions: quack95