To any/all in-game staff: I'm begging on my knees please leave my armor stands alone

Caketaco

Look, I get it. When some little miscreant comes along and spams armor stands around spawn, you naturally enter a command to remove all nearby armor stands.
I get it.

But it becomes a problem when builds near spawn use a handful of armor stands for minor decoration.
(My builds, I'm talking about my own builds mostly.)

This has happened upwards of three times now, and it's firing my furnace a bit.

Nowadays, I know better and save schematics of intricate projects I make, but jeezaloo, it's a real kick to the teeth to see your creation butchered when ya load into the server.

Is there any way you can remove "laggy" armor stands without other "safe" armor stands getting caught in the crossfire? (e.g., remove just a specific player's stands)
Or, at the very least, if my use of armor stands warrants this kind of clearing, could ya be more upfront about how I'm supposed to safely use them?

I just want to make neat little builds around spawn.

Thanks,
Caketaco

Last edited:
This is a tough puzzle to crack, because with the way some armor stands can be exploited to make a client very unstable if even approached, a nuclear option may be required in case getting close to it is the issue at hand. When something like this comes up, a global wipe must simply be required. Not much of a way around it that I, or I'm pretty sure, we know of, unfortunately.

There is a radius parameter in the entity wipe command that would help in distinguishing what armor stands get wiped and what don't, but that circles back to the main issue of proximity in the first place. If someone really wants to cause damage with an unstable armor stand, there isn't any better place to put it than where everyone's gonna spawn in.

I wish there was some way to maintain you and other innocent players' armor stands, and single out troublesome ones, but with the way things stand at the moment, there isn't that much that can be done about it at this immediate moment. I'll be sure to update you if I'm informed about new changes or commands/parameters I hadn't heard of until now. Let it be known that decorating with armor stands isn't the problem, not in the slightest - it's just that they're like item frames, in that one bad egg is enough to spoil the fun for everyone, including you.

Reactions: Caketaco
Would it not be possible to detect unstable armor stands and remove them?
Users with WNT installed can see the name and UUID of problematic armour stands and kill them one by one if desired, but there are many cases where /rd is warranted, especially if it is a large amount that needs to be removed ASAP. If they're concentrated in a single area and can easily be managed, they can be easily killed with /minecraft:kill @e[type=armor_stand,distance=...<radius>] or /minecraft:kill <uuid>.

Example of the WNT Mod displaying lag-stand info:
1710653442898.png

Users with WNT installed can see the name and UUID of problematic armour stands and kill them one by one if desired, but there are many cases where /rd is warranted, especially if it is a large amount that needs to be removed ASAP. If they're concentrated in a single area and can easily be managed, they can be easily killed with /minecraft:kill @e[type=armor_stand,distance=...<radius>] or /minecraft:kill <uuid>.

Example of the WNT Mod displaying lag-stand info:
View attachment 236
WNT is extremely power user centric. I was asking if it was possible to detect lag-stands automatically and remove them.