Status
Not open for further replies.

quack95

Admin
IGN
quack95
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. This isn't even a suggestion this is literally common sense but Admins (not SrAs those orange stinkies) have /tellraw permissions which requires like a WHOLE lot of text just to output "Red" in a red color.

/tellraw {"color":"red","text":"Red"}

And with multi-colored text, you have to make an array:

/tellraw [{"color":"red","text":"Red "},{"color":"yellow","text":"Yellow"}]
Seems like a LOT of effort just to type Red Yellow

My proposal is, we give admins /rawsay.
We can do the exact same thing, but like this:
/rawsay <dark_red>Red <yellow>Yellow

Admins already have tellraw. Give us rawsay.
It's useful in events and a lot of other things. Please.

I vouch for this, because it doesn't make sense for literally a direct Mojangson string to be possible to enter into /tellraw, when /rawsay is literally MiniMessage and yet it's not allowed. Hurts my brain. PLEASE add this.

I'd push for consistency, however I'm unsure if both should be standard admin tools. I see the usefulness in certain scenarios but players can be too easily deceived by them. IIRC they've been senior commands in TF until somebody abused them in telnet.

Neutral for now

I'd push for consistency, however I'm unsure if both should be standard admin tools. I see the usefulness in certain scenarios but players can be too easily deceived by them. IIRC they've been senior commands in TF until somebody abused them in telnet.

Neutral for now
Im sorry whar.... brother we can TELLRAW why can we NOT RAWSAY. Same exact thing except tellraw is just to make it harder on us???

Reactions: fres
Vouch
rawsay is tellraw but easier to use. Admins already have tellraw. no reason for them not to have rawsay

I highkey don't know why admins have tellraw since raw messages were originally a console feature back in the old TF. I'm going to object unfortunately, but also probably make tellraw not allowed for admins...

Reactions: shdwo
Vouch. There's no point in restricting it.

I highkey don't know why admins have tellraw since raw messages were originally a console feature back in the old TF. I'm going to object unfortunately, but also probably make tellraw not allowed for admins...

Why? Raw messages were available in-game to Admins with /tellraw and Senior Admins with /rawsay. There isn't a security risk that would warrant restricting admins from using it.

What can you do with tellraw / rawsay that you can't do with a regular message or /say?
With /tellraw or /rawsay, you are allowed to do custom formatting of a message - this is something that you cannot do with /say, and I think it does not make sense to not allow them for Admins, as this can be useful for events, because custom formatting allows you to colorize the message in a particular way, such that event members can see better what is going on.

However, while I do think these commands should be allowed for regular Admins, there should also be a proper events system on the server. An admin could create an event using something like /event create (name) and then tell people to join it, there would be no need for a warp and the admin could set the default location for the event to whatever it needs to be. The admin would be able to start the event using /event start (name), and end it with /event end (name). Players could join it at any time using /event join (name), your inventory would be automatically saved in some location, then cleared, and you would be teleported to the default event location. There could also be a players requirement that the admin could set. Doing /event leave would make the player leave the current event.

A /evmsg or /eventmsg or whatever command would solve the problem we have with spam in the chat, because only the event members would see those messages.

I know Java, so I could code something like this up, and give y'all the source code to it, possibly make a GitHub repo.

I'm also working on a chat system for servers, where you are allowed to create separate channels in the chat - this could potentially eliminate bot command spam, and other problems with the chat. This has already been successfully tested on my custom server software, it just needs to be implemented for Spigot/Paper/etc. servers.

I know Java, so I could code something like this up, and give y'all the source code to it, possibly make a GitHub repo.
Your system actually sounds neat, though it seems like a better fit for a plex module rather than a standalone plugin, as it's rather niche to creative servers.

Your system actually sounds neat, though it seems like a better fit for a plex module rather than a standalone plugin, as it's rather niche to creative servers.

I think it may work as a separate plugin better, because I do want to use this system for other servers as well, and I don't necessarily want to use Plex for them.

Rawsay is immensely useful for events -- /say is more used for moderation while /rawsay can be used to add color to the text and make it more visible as an event. Pink text AINT enough.

Tellraw is already allowed to admins, just Give Us Rawsay bro...

What would the use cases for rawsay even be if it were given to admins if we speak outside of events? I'm for it if I get a proper reason besides "we already have tellraw"

What would the use cases for rawsay even be if it were given to admins if we speak outside of events? I'm for it if I get a proper reason besides "we already have tellraw"
I'm sorry if i misunderstand but i did just provide a reason and it's events. Considering video uses it for saying "QUACK IS RACIST" why don't we just deny the permission for seniors too? If admins can have tellraw and not rawsay while seniors can have it for saying they hate minorities i don't see the reason really

I'm sorry if i misunderstand but i did just provide a reason and it's events. Considering video uses it for saying "QUACK IS RACIST" why don't we just deny the permission for seniors too? If admins can have tellraw and not rawsay while seniors can have it for saying they hate minorities i don't see the reason really
Again, rawsay was originally a console only thing or telnet only thing (if you were senior). If we need to restrict it to console only, that is perfectly fine. Regarding your first sentence, I said besides events, because we're not having any events currently or in the near future from what I know until we get that executive position filled.

Again, rawsay was originally a console only thing or telnet only thing (if you were senior). If we need to restrict it to console only, that is perfectly fine. Regarding your first sentence, I said besides events, because we're not having any events currently or in the near future from what I know until we get that executive position filled.
mister the 15 players i get every time i make a roadtrip event???

Reactions: sithvsjedi
While I see both sides of it with the limited number of things you can use rawsay for (mostly trolling by admins with fake messages), I'm going to vouch due to how helpful it can be for events.

I don't see the harm in making rawsay accessible to admins and I think anything that helps player retention (events etc) should be given every possible tool to maximise their potential.

Also tellraw is a dick to type out so making it easier for admins by giving them something that's essentially the same thing but much easier to use is a bonus.

While it is true that historically rawsay was a senior + console only thing, I do vouch for letting regular admins and seniors using it in game. If someone abuses it, they should know better. But also, there's no harm in not allowing it and if it does end up being abused, we can take it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.